Friday, March 7, 2008

Chinatown and Kristen

I should also say 'and Kim' but here's the thing. I don't so much take photos of people when I am doing touristy things. Interesting...in fact, my friend, Kristen was there from New York and I didn't even get a photo of the two of us. Hmmm...mostly that has to do with my hesitancy to step in front of the camera. I DID however get a picture of Jinky and I. That will be framed and up in my office as soon as the person who took it sends it to me. It will not however be on my blog. Ah the joy of being the all powerful goddess of the blog. I get to post only the pictures where I look amazing ;) So, the three of us gals spent the day in China town and stuff. We all took a tonne of photos...we all looked like a crazy gaggle of girls with our giant camera bags. Taking pictures of gutters, and old signs, and weird stuff like that. That is totally my idea of a good time. Seriously. I am thrilled with the pictures. There are so many I love, that I am not sure I can share them all. Because at what point do you all say--enough with the touristy pictures!!! Not yet I hope.



This old sign is my favorite shot of my whole trip I think...I think I shall print it for my living room.

Okay...love this t-shirt...mostly because I am a TOTAL political junky. Go Obama go...

Here is a shot of Kristen hanging out of a trolley to take a shot. While it is going. Above her head is a big sign that says 'no leaning out'. hmmm. she is just that kind of gal really--crossing the street against the light and so on. Me...I'm not so much like that. In fact, her nickname for me is Safety Spice...as in 'the spice girls'...ya...I'm not so much leaning out of a moving trolley!!! She did convince me to walk across the street against the light. The policemen on the other side of the street gave me heck instead of her. See why I don't do these things?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You got some FUN stuff while you were there! I "think" i know which one you are... I "think"... now where's a picture of you so i can be sure? I'm easy to describe... The momma who brought her baby with her. I was the only crazy one, besides cheryl of course. Heehee..
I wish we coulda met. :)