Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Kids From The Workshop!

Okay...so here's the thing. I am a children's photographer. I mean--I like doing family shoots, but I LOVE and I mean big passion, giddy stomach love taking pictures of kids. I love connecting with them and figuring them out. Kids are so amazing. I think it is the whole no filter thing. If they like something they will tell you with such enthusiasm--ditto if they don't like it. I'm kind of like that, too ;) The workshop was a little different. 10 people at a time trying to get 'the shot'...you know the one. It was totally exhuasting, but these kids were great. They hung in there, man. So, some more shots of the kids....

This guy's mom is a photographer and, if you are a photographer, you know how difficult it is to get good shots of your own kids. She was all telling us horror stories about how badly he behaves for her. I gotta say 'What?!!' Thanks for all the training Pam because it was like he was competing on America's next top model. I mean, he looked every single one of us right in the lens. With every pose!!! He is living proof that EVERYONE should hire people to take pictures of their kids. Even those of us who take like 10,000 of them a year(I know you think I am exaggerating...I think I have a problem).


4 comments:

Monkey Mountain Toys and Games said...

Hi Dana - your workshop photos are great! My favourite is the one with the boy up against the red wall! I totally understand what you mean about hiring another photographer to take photos of our own kids...it's the same way with trying to photograph my son...LOL! I'm also hoping to use the gift certificate from your "Name the Monkey" contest sometime in the future with my own family. Also I just recommended you to one of my clients who's looking at getting some outdoor family photos done soon....since my specialty is studio photography I thought you wouldn't mind. :) Have a great day!

Alexandra Frankel said...

These are awesome. It was tough when there were so many of photographers, but you're right, these kids were troopers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana! It was so good meeting you at the Secret Workshop. What a great weekend..and to be surrounded by so many incredibly talented and inspiring women, well, it makes me want to call in sick to work permanently : )

I love the shots you got of the models. Great work. I just started to go through mine this afternoon. We're snowed in bad here so it forced me to stay in. I want to go back to Cali!

Keep in touch and if you are ever out this way, let me know and we can connect.

Kerry
kerry@silverliningphoto.ca

Anonymous said...

Dana you worked your magic on him. I love that you captured it! Great meeting you!

Pam