Saturday, February 23, 2008

Because I Like to Laugh

I am sharing these photos with you because I like to laugh. Alot. So, this past weekend when all my friends were in Mexico, my family took a trip to Edmonton. Lucky us, eh? It was family day after all and we decided to spend family day with my brother and sister-in-law making a snowman with our kids. Sounds pleasant enough, doesn't it? I mean this is the picturesque Canadian winter thing to do, isn't it?

Our snowfella and the kids who 'helped' make it. Well, at least they put the buttons and stuff on it ;) And, a note, that it was incredibly warm that is why Georgia is not wearing a hat.

Then, it started out innocently enough...look at her sweet, innocent face...

Then the snowman became useful. I mean, one could take cover behind it in case of incoming snowballs, right?

This is where things went awry...see this fella? He is known to all of you as my husband, but really he is the biggest kid of them all...an action series:



Little did Grandma know when she gave the girl's their playhouses that the boys would use them as bunkers. Summertime waterfights...wintertime...well, you get the picture!

And, now...there is so much wrong with this picture. Technically not perfect. And...well...that is my brother in law aiming a giant snowball at his unwitting wife. I laughed so hard at this picture! I guess she is deserving as she is firing one at her kids in the playhouse, but...payback is a b____!

Thought we could all use a laugh this morning! Happy Birthday to our nephew in Edmonton! We love ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking snowman. Cute buttons. We really missed you in Mexico. Our "sandman" didn't turn out so well (sand wouldn't stack up...imagine that) but we have pictures of a sand lizard and a sandcastle. :) It looks like you had a very fun day. JP

Unknown said...

That day was so much fun! Unfortunately Mr. Snowman's head melted away! My kids love having snowball fights, we have them all the way home from school...gotta find the upside to our long winters! Maybe next year Georgia won't be afraid of the snow and she can help us girls. Don't worry sweetie, Auntie & Avery will help ya!
That's true, payback can be a "b____". It's a good thing I play "nice" with my kids, the payback I receive won't be so bad. Unfortunately for you Rob, Jack will get you back one day for the snowball you threw in his face (the open windows in the playhouse didn't protect him very well)....poor Jack! All I can say is "look out Rob"! Go get him Jack! Ha! Ha!
Where is THAT picture anyways!